For the protection of our users, searching all CVM/Telegram users has been disabled on CloudVeil Messenger. Some have created groups with user directories, however CloudVeil is not responsible for these and does not maintain them.
Generally, you will only be able to see CVM contacts that are already in your phone’s Contacts app. You will be notified when your phone contacts join CVM or Telegram.
Did you know that CloudVeil allows custom notifications for your different chats?
For example, users will inadvertently mute their congregational updates chat, resulting in notifications for all chats except for congregational updates.
Another notification feature of CloudVeil allows you to mute notifications from all channels and groups, resulting in notifications only for direct messages. This can be set in CloudVeil Messenger > Settings > Notifications.
iPhone: Slide your chat to the left to mute/unmute it.
Android: Open the chat and tap the 3 dot menu at the top right. The mute / unmute option is in that menu.
Force close definition: Double tap the home button, then swipe the apps off the screen, effectively closing them down.
Do not close CloudVeil Messenger this way. Due to limitations with Apple, CloudVeil Messenger may not alert you to new messages if it’s closed down this way. CloudVeil Messenger uses minimal system resources running in the background and does not need to be closed.
Cloudveil Messenger needs background data permissions to get messages when you don’t have the app open on the screen. If it doesn’t have that access you may only receive your messages when you open the app. These settings may also vary by device but here is where they may be found on some devices.
- Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Cloudveil Messenger > App Data Usage.
- Turn the Background data switch on to allow this app to use data when you don’t have it open.
Android 8 (Samsung)
- Go to Settings > Apps > Cloudveil Messenger > Mobile Data.
- Turn on the switch by Allow background data usage.
While we like to conserve our batteries on our smartphones and portable devices some apps like Cloudveil Messenger need to run in the background to notify us about things like new messages. Here are some places to look for settings like this. These settings do vary by device and Android version.
- From the Home screen, navigate to Apps > Settings > Battery.
- Tap MORE or the Menu icon (upper-right) then tap Optimize battery usage.
If not available, navigate: Battery Usage > Menu icon > Optimize battery usage.
- Tap the Dropdown menu (at the top) then tap All apps.
- Find CloudVeil Messenger and turn off.
- Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special App Access > Battery Optimization.
- Tap Cloudveil Messenger and set it to Don’t optimize.
Android 8 (Samsung)
- Go to Settings > Apps and tap the menu in the corner and select Special Access > Optimize battery usage.
- Change Apps not optimized to All Apps and find Cloudveil Messenger.
- Turn the switch off by Cloudveil Messenger.